This is your time to make ART FOR JOY'S SAKE!
You've dabbled, maybe? Love watercolor but just don't feel connected? Perhaps you haven't picked up a brush in years? Or maybe you are searching for that something? That joy you haven't found anywhere else is here. That joy comes alive in you when color explodes on a wet page. There is no feeling like it, especially when you made it happen.
Looking to take your watercolor journey to the next level? Have you always wanted to learn a more freeing style of watercolor where the search for perfection doesn't seem to matter as much? Do you feel like your paintings are heavy, overworked a bit maybe? Do you want to feel light and uplifted when painting?
S C H E D U L E
The entire workshop will be recorded so you do not have to be live each night to enjoy the content.
April 20th 7-9pm est
April 21st 7-9pm est
April 22nd 8-9pm est
C L A S S F O R M A T
First you need to know this. It's important. I feel most alive when teaching live and want to be sure we end each night in a place that make sense. Ending on time is never a priority for me so if we go over, we go over. If someone wants a technique demonstrated a second time but time is running out, I will indeed demo it again. I will always take just one more question. I will never end a class on time to the detriment of its students. XO
2 hours x 2 nights = 4 hours of instruction
Plus a bonus 1 hour Q & A on night 3!
5 hours of LIVE instruction and Q & A
Limited class size Only 15 spots available
Access to private Facebook group for continued community after
Recording of class provided - it's yours forever!
Art for Joy's Sake PDF Kit including scans of Kristy's watercolor technique charts, instructional notes, 3 joy-inducing watercolor exercises, and high-res art prints for at home use
**Supplies not included
C L A S S C O N T E N T
Explore techniques that Kristy relies on most in her painting. Learn to add depth, jovial detail, and luminosity to your paintings in unconventional ways, like Kristy's POW technique!
NIGHT ONE - two hours minimum (q&a throughout)
1. Exploration of Kristy's unique techniques including WOWD, POW, Ombre, Contrast Detailing, Opaque Luminosity, Lifting, Gesso Resist, Contrast Detailing and more!
2. Art for Joy's Sake exercises designed to explore color mixing on the page.
NIGHT TWO - two hours minimum (q&a throughout)
1. Flower paint-a-long
- We will use a reference photo to explore the techniques learned in night one. I will poll class participants to select the flower image to be used.
- We'll explore a sketch with pencil first technique + a paint only technique for creating our flower composition.
- Step by step you will paint with me. I'll narrate what pigments I'm using, how much paint is on my brush, how I'm holding the brush. You'll hear what pitfalls to watch out for and more. I'm with you every moment.
2. Landscape paint-a-long
- We will use a reference photo to explore the techniques learned in night one. I will demo three different landscape styles based on the geographic locations of you, my dear students!
- We'll explore a sketch with pencil first technique + a paint only technique for creating our landscape composition.
2. I will share a series of suggestions for homework so to speak as you continue your painting journey after the class.
3. This night will most surely run over on time. I guarantee you we will be feeling like "please don't let this end". So plan accordingly!
C O S T
You're receiving a MINIMUM of 5 hours of LIVE instruction for what 1-2 hours of pre-recorded content typically costs!
S U P P L I E S
Want to use the EXACT supplies Kristy will during the class? A special edition #watercolorcurious kit (sold separately) is available which includes: