N O T E F R O M T H E A R T I S T :
Paintings will arrive signed and dated. I have a unique tradition in that I don't sign my paintings until the very last minute possible.
T H E C O L L E C T I O N 'S S T O R Y
The "So Here We Are" Collection is about surviving, then thriving. This is a celebration of moving through fear and chaos to discover joy in a new life, a new time. From mid March to late July this collection of watercolor and gouache paintings came to life. As the months passed darker and dramatic colors were replaced with transparent brights. As my heart found peace amid chaos, intensity gave way to lightness. Paintings were purposely not finished in any one given month or feeling. So each is the result of layering not only paint, but time and feelings.
I most often work on a small scale but dive deeply with layer after layer of paint. Details are added with the tiniest of brushes to trick and train the eye to see something new at every glance. My work is brazen in color, free from pretense but riddled with seemingly unending texture and linear detail. Best when viewed up close and curious when seen from a distance.
T H E P A I N T I N G 'S S T O R Y
This is the only abstract in the collection. I've had a long love affair with succulents and cacti...the way each arm of the plant crawls and creeps around another. In this painting, my brush moved along the edges, soft and spiky sometimes embellishing or exaggerating.
D E T A I L S
- This piece does not require framing and can easily be displayed using a small easel or by leaning it against a sturdy surface.
- Created on watercolor canvas board using Holbein watercolors and watercolor markers.
- Painting will arrive with hanging mechanism available so you can choose to hang on display otherwise (assembly required).
- Unframed paintings will be shipped flat with corner and surface protection.
- Piece will be finished with a protective spray to ensure longevity.
- Framed paintings will be direct shipped from our framing partner with meticulous packing.
- Each painting is created with archival materials of the highest quality. Archival artist materials ensure your painting, when properly cared for, will last for at least 100 years without any change in appearance.